The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
Mediterranean Pinwheels are the perfect finger food for your next outdoor gathering or kids’ lunches.
Tortillas are filled with hummus, feta cheese, roasted red peppers, arugula, red onion and parsley, rolled and cut into the perfect bite-sized appetizer.
Your guests will love these colorful, light bites
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 large tortillas (burrito tortillas , if possible)
- 8 oz. Esti hummus
- 4 oz. Heinen's roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s feta, crumbled
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 3-4 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- Lay the 4 tortillas flat.
- Spread a thin layer of hummus on each tortilla.
- Evenly spread the roasted red peppers, feta cheese, arugula, parsley and red onion on each of the 4 tortillas.
- Roll each tortilla tightly.
- Use a serrated knife to cut each tortilla into 1-inch pinwheels.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Note: If you have leftovers, and/ or if you prefer to serve this as a hot appetizer, these pinwheels are delicious warm. Simply air fry them for 5-8 minutes at 350°F until crispy on the edges.