- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 to 6
- 5-6 OhioRed™ Tomatoes on the Vine, medium, chopped
- 1/2 pint of red Cherry Tomatoes, medium, chopped
- 3/4 cup red Bell Peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup green Bell Peppers, seeded, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup English Cucumber, finely chopped
- 4 3/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. of beef bouillon
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, finely minced
- 1/2 cup of fresh oregano, finely minced
- 2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. of hot sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Blend 5-6 OhioRed™ Tomatoes on the Vine in a blender reaching juice consistency.
- Puree the Cherry Tomatoes, Cucumbers, red and green Bell Peppers, red onion, and garlic in a blender for about 30-45 seconds.
- Add the tomato juice (blended Tomatoes on the Vine), beef bouillon, hot sauce, fresh oregano, basil, Worcestershire sauce, and red wine vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Pulse a few times to mix.
- This dish can be served in a bowl, or in a 2 inch piece of cucumber hollowed out like a cup for an added culinary flare.
Chef’s Tip: Don’t be scared to garnish with strips of peppers, or more freshly chopped vegetables. Adjust the amount of hot sauce based on your preference.
Recipe courtesy of NatureFresh™ Farms.