The following recipe was created by Heinen’s Chief Dietitian, Melanie Jatsek, RD,LD. Photography was provided by Christina Musgrave from Tasing with Tina.
The weather is crisp, the leaves are changing and pumpkin flavors are infiltrating nearly every menu known to man. It must be Fall!
So many brands make pumpkin products nowadays that it’s easy to incorporate the flavor into almost any meal, snack, drink and dessert, but we often get so wrapped up in the excitement of the season that we overlook all of the not-so-good, artificial ingredients in these limited-time treats!
The good news is that it’s perfectly fine to enjoy your favorite pumpkin-flavored products in moderation, and it’s also possible to enjoy all the goodness of pumpkin in healthier ways!
Take this Fx™-approved Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding as an example! Made from a handful of natural ingredients, like unsweetened almond milk, real, canned pumpkin, pure organic maple syrup, fresh ground almond butter and pumpkin pie spice, this morning meal is packed with pumpkin flavor, but there’s nothing artificial about it! As a bonus, chia seeds are high in essential omega-3 fats and fiber, so this recipe is nutritionally dense and non-artificial. What more could you ask for?
If you’re looking to incorporate pumpkin into as many meals as possible, make this meal prep friendly recipe your go-to fall breakfast!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s all natural. Made from six clean ingredients, including real pumpkin puree, you can enjoy real pumpkin flavor without sacrificing any nutrition!
- It’s perfect for meal prep. This recipe makes four servings, so divide them into Mason jars, pop them in the fridge and enjoy them as a ready-made breakfast or snack all week!
- It’s customizable. A list of toppings is provided below, but you can easily customize this recipe with any toppings that satisfy your taste buds! We recommend something crunchy for added texture!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pumpkin Chia Seed Pudding
- 2 cups Heinen's unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup Heinen's canned pumpkin
- 2-4 Tbsp. Heinen's pure organic maple syrup (sub RxSugar pancake syrup for no added sugar)
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's fresh ground almond butter
- 2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Chopped apple
- Purely Elizabeth granola
- Let's Do Organic coconut flakes
- Heinen's walnuts
- Heinen's pecans
- Heinen's almonds
- Go Raw pumpkin seeds
- Combine the milk, pumpkin, maple syrup, almond butter and pumpkin pie spice in a medium-size bowl. Use a whisk to stir until smooth.
- Add the chia seeds and mix again.
- Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes, then stir again to break up any clumps.
- Divide evenly between four Mason jars and secure with the lids.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Finish with your desired toppings and enjoy!