The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
If savory choices draw your attention on breakfast and brunch menus, you simply must try these tasty tacos at home.
Stuffed with fluffy scrambled eggs and tender, in-season asparagus and topped with a homemade citrus-infused Greek yogurt sauce, each bite contains the perfect balance of soft, crunchy and creamy textures.
What are you waiting for? Swap the margarita and chips and salsa for a mimosa and side of fresh fruit and let’s brunch!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 Tacos
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut into 1 ½-inch pieces
- 1 bunch chives, chopped
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup shredded gruyere cheese
- 8 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a dry skillet over medium-high heat, cook the asparagus, stirring occasionally. After 3 minutes, add ¼ cup of water and cook for another 3-4 minutes, or until done to your liking. Remove from the pan and set aside. If preparing in advance, shock the asparagus in an ice bath to keep the integrity of the color.
- In a small bowl, combine the chopped chives, Greek yogurt, lemon juice and salt to taste. Mix well and set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a medium-size bowl and whisk until well beaten. Add pepper to taste. Do not add salt until the eggs are cooked.
- In a nonstick skillet, heat the butter over medium-low heat. Once the butter is melted, pour in the whisked eggs. Keep the heat on medium-low. When the eggs start to set, use a flat rubber spatula and slowly fold the eggs in sections. Do this occasionally so the eggs remain fluffy. Do not overmix or fold.
- Once the eggs are totally set (could take 5-6 minutes; low and slow is key) turn off the heat and the shredded gruyere cheese. Season with salt. Lightly mix and transfer the eggs to a bowl to avoid overcooking.
- Warm the tortillas over a gas burner for about 20 -30 seconds per side, or in the microwave wrapped in a damp paper towel.
- To serve, place the scrambled eggs on the warmed tortillas. Top with the asparagus and a drizzle of the yogurt sauce. Garnish with extra chives. Serve immediately.