The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
For those who love the summer, it may be hard to accept that soup and stew season is here again; however, few things are more comforting than a hot bowl of chili in the cooler months.
Chili is a fan-favorite with my friends and family, so I’m always looking for new versions to excite their taste buds. If you like buffalo sauce, wings and the beloved buffalo chicken dip, then this chili is going to be right up your alley.
Don’t worry, it only takes 10 minutes to prep, but no one will ever know because it’s that good!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Chili
- 1 ½ lbs. Gerber’s CARE Certified boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s chili powder
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s cumin
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup Heinen’s frozen corn
- 1 14.5 oz. can Heinen’s fire roasted tomatoes
- 4 oz. can diced green chiles
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen’s cannellini beans
- 2/3 cup Frank’s buffalo sauce
- 3 cups Heinen’s low sodium chicken broth
- 4 oz. low fat cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup plain Greek yogurt
- Blue cheese
- Heinen’s cheddar cheese
- Green onions
- Add all of the ingredients except for the cream cheese, Greek yogurt and toppings to a slow cooker and stir to combine. Set the slow cooker on high for 3-4 hours or on low for 4-6 hours on low. Allow the mixture to cook until the chicken breasts are cooked through and tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and shred on a cutting board or spare plate using two forks. If tender enough, it can also be shredded in the slow cooker.
- Add the cream cheese to the slow cooker and whisk until no lumps remain. Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and cook for another 30 minutes.
- Turn off the slow cooker and quickly stir in the Greek yogurt. Move quickly as the yogurt can curdle if you let it sit for too long. Taste for seasonings and adjust accordingly.
- Serve in bowls and top with blue cheese, cheddar cheese, green onions cilantro, and maybe even an extra dash or two of buffalo sauce.