The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Megan Weimer of Dollop of Dough.
There’s nothing like a s’more in the summer, and this skillet-style dessert takes the beloved elements of the traditional campfire treat and combines it with a classic chocolate chip cookie!
Have you ever had a Pizookie? It’s a pizza-style cookie popularized by the national restaurant chain BJs Restaurant and Brewhouse. Traditionally served in a personal-size skillet with a scoop of ice cream and available in at least a dozen flavors, it’s the ultimate post-dinner sweet treat.
This homemade version of the Pizookie features a classic chocolate chip cookie base with crumbled graham crackers and mini marshmallows folded into the dough for a hint of s’mores flavor.
Baked in a cast iron skillet, each slice is crispy on the edge and ooey-gooey in the center!
If you’re not in the mood to build a campfire, this recipe is a great way to bring s’mores indoors!
Why You’ll Love it:
- It’s party friendly. The typical Pizookie you would order in a restaurant comes in a single-serve skillet. This Pizookie is made in a full-size cast iron skillet, making it perfect for serving a crowd.
- It’s customizable. Not a fan of s’mores? No problem! Virtually any sweet ingredient can be added to the chocolate chip cookie dough base. We recommend a chopped up Two Brothers peanut butter cups or a scoop of Heinen’s fresh ground nut butter.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup Heinen’s unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ⅓ cup Heinen’s brown sugar, packed
- ⅔ cup Heinen’s granulated sugar
- 2 large Heinen’s cage free eggs, room temperature
- 1 Heinen’s cage free egg yolk, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups Heinen’s semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- ½ cup graham cracker crumbs (about 4 full sheets), divided
- 1 cup mini marshmallows, divided
- 1 Two Brother’s peanut butter cup with almonds, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter a cast iron skillet (at least 10 inches) and set aside.
- Pour the melted butter into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the brown sugar and granulated sugar well combined.
- Add the eggs, egg yolk and vanilla. Whisk vigorously until well combined.
- Add the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt to the bowl. Use a rubber spatula to fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stop mixing when a few dry pockets of flour remain.
- Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips, 2 crumbled graham cracker sheets, and ½ cup of mini marshmallows until no dry streaks of flour remain.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared skillet and press into an even layer. Top with the remaining chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbs and marshmallows.
- Bake at 350°F for about 40-45 minutes, until the edges have browned and the center is set.
- Allow the cookie skillet to cool for at least 15 minutes before adding the chopped peanut butter cup and other toppings of your choice, like ice cream and chocolate sauce. Serve warm and enjoy!