- 3/4 cup Heinen’s Honey
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1 1-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 5 black plums, pitted and sliced
- 5 red plums, pitted and sliced
- 8 figs
Place 3/4 cup water in a medium saucepan. Add the honey, vanilla bean pod with seeds, ginger, and five-spice powder. Bring to a boil and stir until honey dissolves. Set aside to cool completely, and stir in lemon juice. Discard ginger and vanilla bean pod.
In a large bowl, pour cooled syrup over the sliced plums. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, or overnight in the refrigerator.
An hour before serving, slice figs in half and gently fold into plum mixture. To serve, use a slotted spoon to ladle fruit into a serving bowl.
Tip – Syrup can be made in advance and stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.