The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Kayla Breeden Falconer of Kayla’s Kitch and Fix.
I love a savory tomato-based salsa, but when the weather is warm and Heinen’s selection of fresh fruit is at its peak, you’ll find me snacking on this sweet spin!
Colorful and bursting with tropical flavor, this simple salsa features two of my favorite fruits: mangoes and strawberries! Diced and tossed with ripe avocadoes, red onion, cilantro and lime juice, the balance of sweet and tangy goodness is irresistible!
As with most salsas, consider this recipe the “base model” and feel free to add your own touch with your favorite fixings, like jalapeño or tomato.
No matter how you customize it, this recipe is one to keep in your back pocket for healthy snacking and summer entertaining!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 mangoes, cubed or diced
- 2 cups strawberries, diced or sliced
- 2 avocados, cubed
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ red onion, diced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. salt
- Chop, dice and slice all ingredients and combine in a large bowl.
- Mix together until evenly combined.
- Enjoy with chips of choice or on tacos and salads!
Note: Feel free to adjust the amount of each ingredient to meet your taste preferences.