The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Looking for an easy summer lunch or prep-ahead appetizer? Pinwheels are quick and easy to assemble, and they look so festive! These are one of my family’s favorite snacks to pack up for summer pool days.
I love that I can make them up hours in advance and pack them into containers to grab and go. Paired with fresh berries, they make for a light and easy summer meal. They also look great on the appetizer table at your backyard picnics and BBQs.
The base recipe that follows can be customized with any flavor of Heinen’s savory cream cheeses, including the scallion and vegetable varieties. Feel free to add your favorite deli meats, a sprinkle of grated parmesan cheese, and even a drizzle of Italian vinaigrette before rolling.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (not in oil)
- ½ cup Heinen’s Garlic and Herb Cream Cheese, at room temperature
- 4 10-in. spinach deli wraps
- 12 oz. Two Brothers Oven Browned Turkey Breast, sliced thin or shaved
- 2 cups packed baby spinach leaves
- Finely chop the sun-dried tomatoes, then fold into the cream cheese.
- Spread one-fourth of the cream cheese mixture on a wrap, making sure to spread it to the edges.
- Top with 3 ounces of turkey and ½ cup spinach.
- Roll up tightly, then use a serrated knife to cut wrap into 8 to 10 pieces. Repeat with remaining wraps.