Virgin Olive Oil Fried Eggs with Lemon Yogurt: Thereʼs nothing better than free-range eggs! This year we wanted to try something new and this definitely hits the spot for a fresh take on a classic Farmette favorite. This recipe may not be for everyone, but we found it to be lovely and we hope you do too!
- Total time:
- 1 to 2
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (Greek or regular)
- 1/2 lemon
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 tbsp. roughly chopped fresh dill
- Combine yogurt and generous squeeze of lemon in a bowl and mix. Adjust lemon + salt & pepper to taste. Using a large spoon, generously swoop the mixture across a plate.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Crack eggs into pan and season with salt & pepper. Sprinkle a teaspoon of water into the pan and immediately cover the pan with a lid. Allow eggs to cook until the whites are firm but yolks are still wobbly (about 2-3 minutes).
- Turn off heat and immediately remove eggs from skillet, placing them on top of the plate. Pour remaining olive oil from the skillet over the eggs and garnish with fresh dill.