The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
What do you do with Wagyu? While many people reserve this premium cut of beef for special occasions, you might be surprised to learn that it can easily be layered on toasty Heinen’s steak rolls with roasted peppers, crumbled goat cheese and Heinen’s premade pesto for a gourmet sandwich.
If you’re interested in giving this recipe a try, simply ask your local Heinen’s butcher to thin slice your desired amount of our Wagyu beef and you will be well on your way to redefining the traditional steak sandwich!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 lbs. Heinen's Wagyu beef, sliced thin by Heinen's butchers
- 4 Heinen’s steak rolls, sliced and toasted
- 8 leaves Boston bibb lettuce
- ½ red onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 jar Heinen’s roasted peppers
- 1 jar Heinen’s pesto
- ½ cup crumbled goat cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan or cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil begins to lightly smoke, add the beef and spread it out over the pan. Season it well with salt and pepper.
- Cook the beef for 3-4 minutes, or until seared and cooked through. Set aside.
- Return the pan to the burner over medium heat and toast the steak rolls, slice-side-down until lightly toasted.
- To assemble, add two lettuce leaves to the toasted steak roll followed by some of the cooked and seasoned beef. Layer on the sliced red onions, roasted peppers, pesto and goat cheese. Repeat the process to make 3 more sandwiches.