The following recipe and photography were provided by our partner, Yoko Segawa of Yoko’s Kitchen.
Craving authentic poke? Park your cart in Heinen’s Seafood Department!
I love shopping for seafood at Heinen’s because they have the freshest and largest selection of fish I’ve found at any grocery store in the Midwest, but I often don’t have the time or energy to invest in cooking a full seafood supper. If you find yourself feeling a similar way, rest assured that there are still options for you in the freezers of Heinen’s Seafood Department.
Featuring neatly cut cubes of wild-caught, sustainably sourced ahi tuna paired with flavorful seasonings and sauces, Annasea poke meal kits are the hottest new simple meal solution. Available in Shoyu Ahi Tuna, California Roll Ahi Tuna and Wasabi Ahi Tuna, each box features one to two ample servings of refreshing poke that are easy to enhance with your favorite add-ons.
For this recipe, I used the Annasea wasabi ahi kit and paired it with Heinen’s organic cooked white rice, fresh veggies and a simple homemade spicy tahini mayo!
The result is an effortlessly delicious and fresh poke bowl that tastes like it came from your favorite sushi restaurant.
Let’s dive into the recipe!
Click here for more information on Annasea poke meal kits and other convenient seafood items available at Heinen’s.
- Cook time:
- Total time:
For the Wasabi Poke Bowl
- 2 Annasea wasabi ahi poke meal kits, thawed
- 2 packages Heinen's organic cooked white rice
- 1 carrot, peeled into ribbons
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 mini cucumber, cut into coins
- 1 scallion, sliced
- Black sesame seeds, for topping
For the Spicy Tahini Mayo
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s tahini
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 tsp. sriracha
- 1 Tbsp. water
- Following the instructions on the box, thaw the tuna and mix it with the sauce that comes with the kit.
- In a jar, combine the ingredients for the spicy tahini mayo. Secure the lid and shake well until combined.
- Warm the rice following the instructions on the package. Transfer to serving bowls.
- Arrange the tuna, carrots, avocado and cucumber on top.
- Drizzle on the spicy tahini mayo and finish with a scattering of scallions and sesame seeds.