The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Swap ground beef for bison to create a new spin on classic chili that will have you craving a second helping.
Don’t forget to pair it with our premade cornbread to soak up all of the delicious flavor!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Skillet Cornbread
- Frontiere Ground Bison
- Frontera Texas Chili Starter
- Heinen's 4 Cheese Mexican Blend
- Daisy Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Place a pot over high heat. When hot, add a splash of oil and the bison meat.
Allow the meat to brown, stirring as needed.
- Add the Texas chili starter, cover the pot and simmer for 10 minutes.
- While the chili is simmering, wrap the cornbread in foil and heat in the oven.
- Ladle chili into a bowl and top with cheese and sour cream.
- Serve the warm cornbread on the side with a pat of butter and a drizzle of honey.
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.