The following recipe was provided courtesy of local blogger, Kristin, of Local Farm Mom.
When you want a salad that is not lettuce, this is a fresh perspective.
It goes with anything that comes off of the grill, like chicken, to create a delicious, well-balanced meal.
This zesty salad is also easy to make ahead for any gatherings. I guarantee you will come home with an empty bowl.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add water and quinoa to a pot.
- Bring to boil, then simmer for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, salt and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- Stir in tomatoes and black beans with quinoa (we also add bell peppers).
- Mix in dressing ingredients with cilantro, salt and pepper.