The following recipe and photography is courtesy of our friends at Smucker’s. For more information on their products, visit their website or their Instagram @smuckersbrand.
Who doesn’t love something sweet for breakfast? If you’re going to get up early and start your day, you may as well start with something that will make you smile. These Apricot Cheese-Danishes are simple to prep and extra delicious with a topping of Smucker’s® Apricot Preserves. They’re perfect to have on hand for a quick weekday morning bite or a weekend brunch.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 5 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (17.3 oz.) package frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed according to package instructions
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Smucker’s® Apricot Preserves
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 to 4 teaspoons milk
- Heat oven to 400°F. Coat 2 baking sheets with no-stick cooking spray.
- Stir cream cheese and 1 tablespoon sugar in a small bowl until blended.
- Mix the remaining 4 tablespoons sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle flour on a work surface. Unfold 1 pastry sheet on top of the flour. Roll into a 12-inch square. Brush with half the butter. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon-sugar mixture. Cut the pastry sheet into 6 equal strips. Repeat with remaining pastry sheet, butter and cinnamon sugar.
- Lift 1 pastry strip and twist ends in opposite directions until completely twisted. Hold one end of the strip on the baking sheet, loosely coiling the dough around that center point to create a spiral shape, about 4 inches in diameter. Tuck the outside end of the spiral under the bottom of the pastry, pressing gently to seal. Repeat with the remaining pastry strips to shape a total of 12 pastries, six on each baking sheet.
- Spoon 1 teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture onto the center of each pastry. Top with 1 teaspoon of preserves and 1 teaspoon walnuts.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Place powdered sugar in a small bowl. Whisk in milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until desired drizzling consistency. Drizzle over pastries.