Balsamic Fig Bruschetta Appetizer
1 baguette cut into 20 thin slices
3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cups of quartered fresh figs
juice of 1 lime
3 tablespoons balsamic glaze
½ cup mascarpone cheese
1 cup micro-greens
2 ounces of prosciutto ham cut into 2” pieces
¼ cup of finely minced pistachios
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 375°.
2. Place the baguette slices on a cookie sheet tray lined with parchment paper and brush with melted butter.
3. Season with salt and pepper and bake at 375° for 15-17 minutes or until toasted. Set aside.
4. Add olive oil to a large saute pan over high heat.
5. Once the oil is lightly smoking add in the figs and saute for 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Deglaze with lime juice and stir in the balsamic glaze until figs are coated. Set aside and keep warm.
7. Next, evenly spread the mascarpone cheese over the tops of the toasted baguette slices.
8. Evenly layer on micro-greens, prosciutto ham, balsamic figs and chopped pistachios.