The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Abby Thome of The Thome Home.
When the outdoor temperature starts to climb, every Midwesterner runs to the grill to start creating their favorite summertime dishes.
Nothing beats a fresh salad paired with grilled chicken, steak or seafood. This Berry Caprese Salad is a vibrant side that’s popping with fresh summer berries, creamy mozzarella pearls and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Healthy and full of patriotic colors, it’s the perfect bite for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.
You can pair this Berry Caprese Salad with a base of arugula tossed in Garlic Expressions dressing for a stunning and filling picnic-style salad.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 2 cups raspberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups blackberries
- 1/2 cup basil, chiffonade
- 8 oz. BelGioioso mozzarella pearls
- Heinen’s balsamic glaze
- Add the berries, basil and mozzarella to a bowl.
- When ready to serve, whether upon a bed of arugula or alone, drizzle with balsamic glaze and enjoy!
Note: If making this a day ahead, add the berries, basil and mozzarella to an airtight container and store in the fridge until ready to serve.