The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Elevate the flavor of traditional trout with beautiful berries!
Coated in a blackberry balsamic glaze and roasted quickly on a sheet pan, this seafood supper from is fruity, filling and fast to make!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- ½ cup blackberries
- ¼ cup Heinen’s fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. stone ground mustard
- 2 basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 lb. trout fillets, fins, tail and back bone removed
- Fresh blackberries, basil and orange zest, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Blend together the blackberries, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, honey, mustard, basil leaves, garlic and salt and pepper until smooth.
3. Place the trout skin-side-down on a parchment-lined sheet tray and season with salt and pepper.
4. Spoon or brush ½ of the blackberry glaze on the trout and bake at 400°F for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Garnish with additional blackberry glaze, fresh whole blackberries, basil and orange zest.