The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Graham R. and his dog, Carl. For more of their delicious food ventures, visit them on Instagram @cookingwithcarrrl.
I’m back, and I’ve got another delicious dip you can dive into that’s inspired by possibly the most popular sandwich of all time: the historic BLT! I was a bit skeptical of turning this classic sammy into a dip, but I should have known you can’t go wrong with bacon, cheese and roasted tomatoes.
As you’ve probably already guessed, bacon is the star of the show, thus I used the best bacon around: Heinen’s CARE Certified thick sliced bacon. I’ve raved about it before and will continue to do so until everyone has tried it! Thick sliced bacon is a must for this recipe so that there is a hearty piece in ever scoop.
To upgrade this BLT, I roasted tomatoes in bacon grease until they blistered, then topped the molten dip with fresh Romaine lettuce. The cool, crisp lettuce is a great compliment to the hot and creamy dip.
You can serve this dip with practically anything: crackers, carrots, peppers, toast points, etc. I was feeling extra fancy, so I paired this dip with both flavors of Heinen’s crostinis. They come in both sea salt and rosemary varieties. They are crunchy and pair perfectly with this hearty dip. Grab a few bags for your next charcuterie board!
Let’s get cooking!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 oz. Heinen’s cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified bacon
- 12 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 6 oz. Heinen’s cheddar cheese
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Romaine lettuce heart, sliced
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. of your favorite all-purpose seasoning, optional
- Heinen’s crostinis
- Lay the bacon on a baking sheet and place into the oven. Once the bacon is in the oven, set the temperature to 375°F. Cook the bacon until crispy, around 15 minutes.
- Allow the bacon to cool, then chop it up. Set aside. Place the cherry tomatoes on the pan. Cover with the bacon grease and a pinch of salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, sour cream and mayo. Mix until smooth. Add in the seasonings, garlic, 1 cup of bacon, 1 cup of tomatoes and cheese. Mix well and place into an oven-safe dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is golden and bubbly. Remove from the oven and top with lettuce, the rest of the tomatoes and bacon crumbles. Serve with Heinen’s regular and rosemary crostini’s. Enjoy!