The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Blueberry Basil Balsamic Chicken is a delicious, unique and easy dinner. Ready in only 25 minutes, it combines sweet blueberries, savory balsamic and fresh basil with seared chicken.
It’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner and keeps well for meal prep throughout the week. Serve on a salad with blueberries and nuts, or serve with rice and steamed vegetables.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 tsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s honey
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 lb. Gerber’s CARE Certified skinless chicken breasts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Heinen’s balsamic glaze, for serving
- Fresh basil, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Combine the blueberries, balsamic vinegar, butter, orange juice and honey in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes and set aside.
- Heat a large pan or cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Add the olive oil to the pan followed by the chicken breasts. Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and let cook for 5 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
- If the pan is oven-safe, pour the blueberry sauce directly on the chicken and transfer the pan to the oven. Alternatively, transfer the chicken to a greased oven-safe dish and top with blueberry sauce.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove from the oven.
- Serve with Heinen’s balsamic glaze and fresh basil.