The following is a featured recipe in Heinen’s What’s For Dinner program, your solution to easy, delicious and convenient weeknight dinners.
Hungry for a hoagie? This is the recipe for you!
Quickly browned with beer and sauerkraut and served in a steak roll with mustard, pickled beets and onions, a little extra sauerkrat and potato salad on the side, this is the best and easiest way to enjoy a brat!
What’s for Dinner is our way of taking the stress out of cooking and making mealtime fun! Each week at the front of your local Heinen’s, you’ll find all the ingredients needed to create one of our simple and delicious chef-inspired meals. Just follow the easy step-by-step recipe card provided to have dinner ready in a matter of minutes.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's and Great Lakes Brewing Co. Dortmunder Beer Brats
- SnowFloss Sauerkraut
- 1 Great Lakes Brewing Co. Dortmunder Gold Lager
- Original Bertman Ball Park Mustard
- Steak Rolls
- Heinen's Classic Potato Salad
- Heinen's Pickled Beets and Onions (On the Salad Bar)
- Heat a wide saute pan with a splash of olive oil and brown the brats.
- Add sauerkraut, a sprinkle of sugar (optional) and beer.
- Cover and cook over medium heat until the brats are cooked through.
- Smear a roll with mustard and place a cooked brat and sauerkraut into the roll.
- Serve with potato salad and a few pickled beets and onions.