The following recipe and photography was provided by recipe developer and food photographer, Ashley Durand of Plate & Pen.
I’ve got a creative coffee treat for your daily caffeine fix! Caramel-flavored cream in coffee is all the rage right now, but who wants to spend money at a coffee shop every day? I know I don’t, so I found a way recreate the same flavor and texture at home and it could not be easier.
Heinen’s has a ton of dairy options, but I love to support local, so I always opt for Smith’s Dairy products on my weekly grocery hauls. I like to have a skim milk, creamer or whipping cream and an oat milk option in my fridge at all times.
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 cup Stok creamed protein cold brew espresso coffee or any desired coffee base
- Ice cubes
- 1 Tbsp. caramel syrup or sauce, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup Smith's whipping cream or vitamin D milk
- Add the whipping cream and caramel syrup or sauce into a frothing cup or measuring cup. Use a hand frother to froth the cream to your desired consistency.
- Add the ice to a drinking glass and pour the creamed espresso or coffee of choice over top.
- Slowly pour the frothed caramel cream on top of the coffee.
- Drizzle extra caramel sauce over the top, if desired.