The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Chicken pot pie in a pizza?! Don’t knock it until you try it!
It might sound crazy, but it’s super delicious! This new spin on the beloved chicken pot pie is ready in about 30 minutes thanks to plenty of time-saving shortcuts including premade pizza dough and pre-shredded chicken.
This is a great recipe to take to tailgates in the fall, because what’s game day without pizza? Top with some fresh thyme and enjoy all of the flavors of chicken pot pie in a slice!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 Slices
- 1 package Papa Sal’s premade pizza dough, thawed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s unsalted butter
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, plus more for serving
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 cups Heinen’s shredded white meat chicken
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s chicken stock
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Spread the dough on a large, lined baking sheet. If the dough is sticky, add a pinch of flour.
- Melt 2 Tbsp. of unsalted butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the diced white onion, carrots and corn kernels. Cook until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes. Add 1 Tbsp. of fresh thyme, 1/4 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of black pepper, 1 cup of Heinen’s shredded white meat chicken, 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s chicken stock and 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s heavy cream. Stir well and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture onto the crust. Gently fold the crust edges over the filling.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- With 5 minutes remaining, add cheddar cheese to the crust.
- Top with fresh thyme and serve.