The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
This tasty one-pot meal will transport you to the South of France! A traditional French Mediterranean cuisine, each bite is full of flavor from ingredients like olives, wine, dates, herbs, tomatoes, garlic and, of course, Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken from Heinen’s Meat Department.
The dates in this dish add subtle sweetness and chardonnay or sauvignon blanc work beautifully for the marinade – the choice is yours!
Incredibly delicious and tender, Chicken Provençal is a simple Mediterranean meal that pairs perfectly with any of the Mediterranean wines found in your local Heinen’s Wine Department.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 8 Gerber's CARE Certified chicken thighs
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 12 garlic cloves
- ½ cup pitted Kalamata olives
- ½ cup pitted Castelvetrano olives
- ½ cup pitted dates
- 10-12 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 cups assorted cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Add the olive oil to a large frying pan or rondeau over high heat.
- Once smoking, add the chicken, skin-side-down, and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until well browned.
- Flip the chicken over and add the garlic, olives, dates, thyme, wine and cherry tomatoes around the chicken.
- Cover and bake in the oven at 400°F for 1 hour.
- Serve hot.