The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
If you love the chicken minis from the drive through, you can use this recipe to recreate them at home!
Chicken minis are so delicious and easier to make than you’d think! They’re perfect to serve as an appetizer when feeding a crowd!
I also love these for a football tailgate! No matter where you serve these, they’re bound to be a hit.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Chicken Minis
- 3 Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s onion powder
- 1 tsp. Heinen’s paprika
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Heinen’s cage free eggs
- 1 cup milk, whole milk or 2% milk
- 4 cups canola oil
- 2 packages frozen Parker House rolls
For the Honey Butter
- 1 stick Heinen’s unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup Heinen’s honey
- Whisk 1 cup of dill pickle juice and 2 Tbsp. of Heinen’s powdered sugar in a large bowl. Add the chicken breast pieces and combine. Cover and marinate for 30 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, combine 1 tsp. of garlic powder, 1 tsp. of onion powder, 1 tsp. of paprika and the all-purpose flour in a bowl. Whisk together 2 Heinen’s cage free eggs and 1 cup milk in a separate bowl.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour mixture, then coat in the egg mixture. Return to the flour mixture and place on a baking tray.
- Heat oil in a large pot. Fry the chicken in batches until golden brown, about 5 minutes per batch.
- While the chicken is frying, bake the frozen rolls according to the package directions. Let cool, then break the rolls apart and slice in half.
- Combine Heinen’s unsalted butter and 1/4 cup of Heinen’s honey in a small bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Assemble the sandwiches by placing a piece of chicken inside a sliced roll. Serve with the honey butter.