Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
When in need of a quick, cost-effective dinner, traditional Beef Tacos are the way to go!
This simple recipe features all the classic flavors and fixings you know and love from your favorite taqueria, and the prep work is extremely easy thanks to the variety of fresh, premade Mexican-inspired ingredients available at Heinen’s! Click here to see everything I bought at Heinen’s for this recipe.
On the table in under 30 minutes and easily customizable to the preferences of every hungry mouth around your table, keep this taco recipe on deck for when you need an affordable and flavorful dinner fast!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe:
- It calls for ground beef! While you could certainly sub for ground turkey or chicken, all of Heinen’s ground beef is CARE Certified, meaning it is raised by trusted farmers who work hand-in-hand with Heinen’s meat experts to raise beef that meets Heinen’s strict standards for quality and animal welfare. To get the most flavor for your buck, we recommend using our 85/15 ground beef.
- Heinen’s has fresh, ready-to-eat toppings! Save time without sacrificing flavor by using Heinen’s fresh guacamole and pico de gallo. They’re made from ripe ingredients in the Deli Department and taste just as good, if not better, than homemade. While you’re at it, grab a container of Heinen’s velvety con queso dip and pre-shredded Mexican cheese and let your dinnertime crew build their tacos any way they please.
- You can use any shell! Heinen’s has a wide selection of soft, hard, corn and flour tortillas and taco shells, in addition to gluten and grain-free options. Peruse the aisle for your family’s favorite or try something new!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s avocado oil
- 1 lb. Heinen’s CARE Certified 85/15 ground beef
- 1 ½ tsp. Heinen’s organic garlic granules
- 1 ½ tsp. Heinen’s organic onion granules
- 2 tsp. Heinen’s organic chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp. Heinen’s organic ground cumin
- 1 ½ tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 10 corn, flour or crunchy taco shells/ tortillas
- 2 packed cups green leaf lettuce, thinly sliced for topping
- 1 cup Heinen's shredded Mexican cheese blend, for topping
- Heinen’s fresh pico de gallo, for topping
- Heinen’s fresh guacamole, for topping
- Heinen's con queso dip, for topping and dipping
- Heinen’s blue corn tortilla chips
- Add the avocado oil to a large cast iron skillet over high heat.
- When the oil lightly smokes, add the ground beef and break it into small, bite-size pieces.
- Sprinkle in the garlic and onion granules, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix to combine and continue to cook the beef until it is cooked through.
- Add a small portion of the cooked ground beef to your preferred taco shell or tortilla and add your desired toppings (lettuce, cheese, pico de gallo, guacamole and con queso).
- Repeat this process until all of the ground beef has been used.
- Serve alongside Heinen’s con queso dip and blue corn tortilla chips.