- 4 oz. fresh ramps washed trimmed and sliced
- 1 oz. fiddlehead ferns – about a dozen (blanched and shocked)
- 3 oz. Heinen’s Bacon
- 1 tbsp. Heinen’s Butter
- 1 heaping tsp. fresh thyme
- 3 Heinen’s Eggs
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup Heinen’s Milk
- 2/3 cup grated aged Gouda
- 1/3 cup Heinen’s Heinen’s Grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Salt and Pepper
- In large sauté pan over medium heat cook the bacon until rendered. Remove cooked bacon with slotted spoon; pour off all but 1 tablespoon of fat.
- Add 1 tablespoon butter to hot pan, swirl until melted. Reduce heat to low. Add the sliced ramps, a pinch of salt and cook stirring often until very soft – about 30 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool, taste and season with salt and pepper.
- While ramps cool, whisk eggs with sour cream and milk. Stir in cheese, cooled ramps, bacon and thyme.
For Assembling the Tart
- Heat oven to 400ºF.
- Roll out dough to fit tart pan, drape dough into pan, trim to fit. Place it on a baking sheet pan.
- Pour egg, cheese ramp mixture into tart pan. Arrange fiddleheads on surface in attractive pattern.
- Put tart on sheet pan into oven and bake until top is golden, about 45-50 minutes.
- Cool to warm or room temperature before cutting into portions and serving.