Combining Heinen’s garlic grilled shrimp and vegetables with fresh pasta and pesto makes Wednesday night dinner seem more like Saturday night. You could go to the trouble to grill the shrimp and vegetables yourself, but why would you when Heinen’s has done all the work for you? Just boil water and a fast and fresh dinner is on the table in minutes.
Garlic Grilled Shrimp and Vegetables with Ohio City Pasta
Start to Finish: 10 minutes
- 20 oz Ohio City Pasta or other fresh pasta
- 1 lb grilled shrimp from prepared foods case
- 12 oz grilled vegetables from prepared foods case
- 1/2 cup refrigerated pesto sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Red pepper flake (optional)
- Grated Parmesan
1. Bring a large pot of water (3 qts) to a boil over high heat.
2. While the water comes to a boil, reheat the shrimp on a microwave-safe plate for 1 minute or until hot. Do the same with the vegetables.
3. Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to the boiling water. Cook as directed or until the pasta is al dente or still firm but cooked through. Reserve about 1/4 cup of the pasta water then drain the pasta in a strainer in the sink. Return the pasta to the hot pot and toss in the warmed shrimp, vegetables and pesto, tossing to mix. Add a little of the pasta water to make a sauce and taste for seasoning adding salt, pepper or red pepper flake if you’re looking for a little spice.
4. Heat your microwave-safe plates in the microwave for 1 minute and divide the pasta among them with a sprinkle of the cheese. Serve hot and eat fast.