The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
Double dippers make germs spread quicker, so to lessen extra fingers in your food this holiday season, try these personal grab-and-go charcuterie bites. Each personalized charcuterie cracker and puff cup comes with all the fixings of a traditional charcuterie board in one mini treat. They’re also portion control-friendly, so you’re not mindlessly grazing over a traditional big board display.
Grab yourself a personal puff filled with whipped feta cheese and eat it as you please. You can pick off the toppings and then eat the cheese filled puff, or eat it all at once.
These personal charcuteries cups and crackers can be customized with any of your favorite grazing board items. I chose to use Heinen’s prosciutto ham, Pepper Jack cheese sticks, pimento olives, pomegranates, honey crisp apple slices, Randy’s Bread and Butter Pickles and spicy beef sticks that can be pre-cut into bite-size portions. I love that Heinen’s offers these pre-sliced and prepared options; it really helps cut down on prep.
The one recipe component that requires a little (but still minimal) prep is the whipped feta cheese. To adhere all of your grazing board goodies to each puff cup and cracker, I add a dollop of the whipped feta.
- 12 Cups and 12 Crackers
For the Whipped Feta Cheese
- 8 oz. Bulgarian feta cheese
- 4 oz. Mackenzie Creamery Herb Goat Cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. fresh thyme
- 1 tsp. fresh basil
- 2 tsp. Italian seasoning
- Salt, to taste
For the Charcuterie Cups and Crackers
- 1 roll of Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- 12 of your favorite crackers
- Heinen’s avocado cooking spray
- 1 honey crisp apple, sliced
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- Bonne Maman pumpkin spice spread
- 3 slices of prosciutto ham
- 4-5 slices of salami
- Pepper Jack cheese cubes or sticks
- Heinen’s beef sticks, cut into 1” slices
- Pickle slices
- Pimento olives
For the Whipped Feta Cheese
- Bring the goat cheese and feta to room temperature and add to a food processor.
- Add the olive oil and spices and blend until smooth.
- Serve by itself as a side with Heinen’s clover honey on top and crackers to dip or add to Grab & Go Charcuterie Cups and Crackers (see below.)
For the Grab & Go Charcuterie Cups and Crackers
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spray mini muffin tin with avocado oil cooking spray. Roll out crescent dough and pinch the perforated edges together to form one whole sheet of dough.
- Cut dough into 12 equal squares. Place each square every other mini muffin tin and press down so it adheres to the bottom and sides of the tin. If a little dough hangs over the edges of the tin, that’s okay.
- Place the muffin tin in the preheated oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Make the whipped feta cheese following the instructions above.
- When the bake time is over, remove the muffin tin from the oven and gently press down into each cup with the back of a spoon to form the cup shape in the dough.
- Add a tsp. of the whipped feta cheese to each cup, filling the cup almost to the top.
- Using a toothpick, pierce a whole pimento olive and beef stick slice. Place the skewer in each cup.
- Cut a slice of salami in half, fold the half over itself and place it in each cup.
- Place an apple slice, pickle slice and pepper jack cheese cube into the cup.
- For the charcuterie crackers, add a tsp. of whipped feta cheese in the center of the cracker.
- Tuck a couple apple slices into the cheese, long ways, in the middle of the cracker.
- On one side of the apple slices, add a cube of pepper jack cheese and a slice of prosciutto ham.
- On the other side, add a couple pomegranate seeds and a dollop of Bonne Maman pumpkin spice spread.
- Lay the charcuterie cups and crackers on a grazing platter and enjoy!