The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Amaze your friends and family with this beautiful Grilled Caprese Beef Tenderloin! It’s incredibly easy to prepare and makes a stunning main dish.
Simply grill a whole beef tenderloin and layer with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, fresh basil and a drizzle of balsamic glaze for a dish filled with classic caprese flavors!
I used Heinen’s CARE Certified beef tenderloin and encourage you to do the same. Their beef is guaranteed to be the freshest and highest quality!
To make sure this delicious tenderloin is cooked to your liking, be sure to use a meat thermometer!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3-4 lb. beef tenderloin
- 2 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 2 Roma or Heirloom tomatoes, sliced for serving
- 8 oz. fresh Mozzarella, for serving
- Fresh basil (about 10-20 leaves), for serving
- Balsamic glaze, for serving
- Pat the tenderloin dry. Season with salt and pepper and brush with olive oil.
- Heat grill on high heat. Place the tenderloin on the grill, cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Flip and cook for an additional 7 minutes.
- Using an instant thermometer, check the temperature of the beef to ensure desired done-ness. For medium-rare, look for 130-135˚F.
- Once the beef reaches the desired temperature, remove from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on a large platter and top with tomato slices, fresh mozzarella, basil and balsamic glaze.