The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
With temperatures warming up and grilling season fast approaching, it’s time to start thinking of new and exciting dishes to serve at BBQs and outdoor gatherings.
What better way to kick off the season than by making Grilled Greek Shrimp Skewers marinated in a blend of Mediterranean herbs, spices and olive oil? They’re succulent, easy to prepare and bursting with vibrant flavors.
To take this dish to the next level, serve it with a side of creamy Tzatziki sauce, which perfectly complements the bold notes of the marinade. Get ready to impress your summer guests with this mouthwatering meal fresh off the grill.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's fresh shrimp
- 1/4 cup Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's dried dill
- 1 tsp. Heinen's dried parsley
- 1 tsp. Heinen's dried oregano
- 1 tsp. Heinen's dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Heinen's garlic powder
- Juice of 1 lemon + 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Fresh dill and parsley, for garnish
- Fresh feta cheese, for garnish
- Tzatziki sauce, for serving
- If you plan to use wooden skewers, soak them in water before putting them on the grill.
- In a large Ziploc bag or bowl, add the olive oil, dill, parsley, oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder, lemon juice and zest. Add the salt and pepper.
- Add the shrimp and use tongs or your hands to gently coat the shrimp in the marinade.
- Marinate the shrimp for 30 minutes. Do not marinade longer than 2 hours or the shrimp will begin to break down from the acid in the lemon juice.
- Set out the metal or wooden skewers. Thread the shrimp onto the skewers.
- Heat the grill to medium-high.
- Spray with oil to prevent the shrimp skewers from sticking. Put the skewers on the grill and cook for about 3-5 minutes per side, or until the shrimp are pink on the outside and the meat inside is opaque. Do not overcook the shrimp or it will become tough.
- Remove the shrimp from the grill and garnish with fresh dill and parsley, feta cheese and lemon wedges.
- Preheat the broiler. Spray a baking sheet or casserole dish with nonstick spray. Place the shrimp skewers on the baking sheet. Broil for 3 minutes on each side, or until shrimp are pink on the outside and the inside meat is opaque.