Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Treat your taste buds and your gut at dinnertime with this simple and savory Kimchi Fried Rice!
Inspired by traditional takeout, this new take is full of the flavorful fermented goodness that your belly needs and you crave!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 3 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 5-6 cups Jasmine rice, cooked
- 2 cups kimchi and juice
- 2 cups Heinen's frozen carrots, peas and corn
- 3 Tbsp. soy sauce
- Oil, for frying
- Heinen's cage free eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced green onions, for garnish
- Add the sesame oil to a large wok over high heat and cook the garlic for 30 seconds, or until browned.
- Add the rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the kimchi and frozen vegetables. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Finish with soy sauce, salt and pepper. Mix and set aside.
- Add the oil to a wok over high heat and fry the eggs until the desired internal doneness is achieved.
- Serve the fried eggs with fried rice and garnish with green onions.