The recipe and photography for this post were provided by our friends at Melissa’s Produce.
Everyone’s looking for a little boost in luck, but did you ever think you’d find it in a fruit salad? Whip up this fresh fruit concoction featuring citrus season classics like oranges and tangerines. Finished with a little pineapple and pomegranate, you’ll feel lucky with each bite you take!
Lucky Fruit Salad
For the Salad
- 2 oranges
- 4 tangerines
- ½ pineapple, cut into chunks
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds (pomegranate arils)
For the Dressing
- 1 cup strained orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. grated lime zest
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsp. honey
- 1/4 cup toasted flaked coconut
- 1 star fruit, sliced
- Peel tangerines and cut along white membranes to release segments.
- Place citrus segments, pineapple chunks and pomegranate seeds in a medium-size bowl.
- Combine dressing ingredients in a bowl; mix well. Pour dressing over fruit; gently toss to coat. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- To serve, scoop chilled salad into coconut bowls (optional). Just before serving, sprinkle toasted coconut over fruit and garnish with star fruit.