The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Vegetable Frittata makes a hearty and healthy addition to any breakfast or brunch!
Featuring fresh eggs mixed with a flavorful assortment of onions, artichokes, spinach, roasted red peppers, feta cheese, mozzarella and cheddar cheese, simply mix and bake for a frittata that is sure to be a fan-favorite!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 12 Heinen's cage-free eggs, whisked just until the egg yolks and whites are blended
- 3 Tbsp. whole milk or cream
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. chives, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinen's roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup Heinen's artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/2 cup Heinen's kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled, divided
- 1 cup Heinen's shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup Heinen's shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the whole milk and salt and whisk until the egg yolks and whites are blended.
- Stir in half of the mozzarella and sharp cheddar cheese until combined, then add all of the feta cheese.
- Stir in the chives. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet or cast-iron skillet. Add the red onion, spinach, oregano, salt and pepper and cook until the spinach is wilted. Stir in the roasted red peppers, artichokes and olives.
- Whisk the eggs again and pour them over the vegetable mixture, using a spatula to spread it evenly over the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and cheddar cheese over the top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the eggs start to puff up and appear set and the edges are just browning.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and let cool. Cut into triangles and serve with fresh parsley.
- Feel free to swap out the vegetables for any you like. Any bell pepper works nicely, as well as zucchini, carrots or cauliflower.
- Feel free to use other spices like coriander, cumin, za’atar and turmeric.
- Goat cheese can be used in place of feta cheese.