The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad is packed with protein for summer!
Fresh Mediterranean-inspired ingredients are mixed with tuna, pasta and a light lemon dressing. This salad is finished off with loads of fresh herbs and lemon zest. Your guests will love it!
Interested in making this recipe? Order the ingredients online for Curbside Grocery Pickup or Delivery.
Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pasta Salad
- 2 5 oz. cans of albacore tuna, in water, drained
- 12 oz. of Heinen's artisan organic pasta
- 1 pt. of Tomz snacking tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. of your favorite spice (I like sumac or za'atar)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package to al dente. Drain.
- In a mason jar or salad dressing container, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and sumac (or spice of your choice.) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, roasted red peppers, red and green onions.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, let it cool. Stir the pasta into the salad and mix well.
- Gently stir in the parsley, dill and mint, then add the feta cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on the pasta salad. Start with half and stir to coat. If you like the flavor, feel free to add more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon zest to the salad and serve immediately or refrigerate.