The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This Mediterranean Tuna Pasta Salad is packed with protein for summer!
Fresh Mediterranean-inspired ingredients are mixed with tuna, pasta and a light lemon dressing. This salad is finished off with loads of fresh herbs and lemon zest. Your guests will love it!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
For the Pasta Salad
- 2 5 oz. cans of albacore tuna, in water, drained
- 12 oz. of Heinen's artisan organic pasta
- 1 pt. of Tomz snacking tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, sliced in half
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 green onions, white and green parts chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1 lemon, juiced, plus zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. of your favorite spice (I like sumac or za'atar)
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the package to al dente. Drain.
- In a mason jar or salad dressing container, mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and sumac (or spice of your choice.) Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tuna, tomatoes, cucumbers, olives, roasted red peppers, red and green onions.
- Once the pasta is done cooking, let it cool. Stir the pasta into the salad and mix well.
- Gently stir in the parsley, dill and mint, then add the feta cheese.
- Drizzle the salad dressing on the pasta salad. Start with half and stir to coat. If you like the flavor, feel free to add more.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add lemon zest to the salad and serve immediately or refrigerate.