The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
Melon & Mozzarella Skewers are the most delicious summer appetizer!
With pesto-coated mozzarella, prosciutto, honeydew melon and fresh basil, they’re a refreshing starter to any summer gathering.
The most unique thing about these skewers is the citrusy vinaigrette that is drizzled overtop. Made from Kiwano melons, a unique find from the Fresh Discovery section of Heinen’s Produce Department, it’s an element that you don’t want to skip when making this recipe for yourself!
Melon & Mozzarella Skewers
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 honeydew watermelon, cubed
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen’s pesto
- 2 cups fresh mozzarella balls
- 2 oz. prosciutto
- 1 cup basil, plus more for serving
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup kiwano melon
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Wooden skewers
- Combine the pesto and fresh mozzarella balls in a large bowl. Add the mozzarella balls, honeydew melon, prosciutto and basil to wooden skewers.
- Combine the extra virgin oil, salt, black pepper, kiwano melon and lemon juice in a food processor. Pulse until combined and spoon the vinaigrette over skewers. Top with extra basil and serve.