Recipe, video and photography provided by Heinen’s partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Rich, creamy and a little fruity, this melted Brie is an elegant appetizer for any occasion!
Featuring a fresh, homemade strawberry chutney served atop Heinen’s luscious Triple Crème Brie, this cheesy meal starter is best served with crackers or a sliced baguette.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 cup white distilled vinegar
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced with ends removed
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup currants
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 round of Heinen’s Triple Crème Brie
- Crackers, for serving
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add sugar and vinegar to a medium-size pot and bring to a boil. Cook until the sugar is dissolved.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the strawberries, pecans, currants and cinnamon. Cook for 4-6 minutes. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Place the Brie on a sheet tray or in a pie tin and slice off the top of the cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350°F for 10 minutes. It should be melted and bubbling slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the chutney and crackers.