- Total time:
The thought of making a big, involved meal can often sound like a chore. Today’s recipe, One Pan Sausage and Veggies, takes the drudgery out of dinner time. This quick-prep meal can be made and portioned into single-serve containers for easy nutritious microwave dinners on busy nights. It will also last in the fridge for up to five days for weekday dinners or lunches.
I like to double the recipe. You can serve one pan for dinner tonight and pack up the rest for the freezer. All you need is one pan, a bowl, a cutting board and a knife. Who doesn’t like easy cleanup? If you spread your ingredients out onto two pans so the ingredients are not crowded, it will allow everything to get a caramelized roasted edge that only adds to the deliciousness.
These ingredients are delicious alone, but for a complete meal, serve them on rice or quinoa. The seasoned oil poured over the top adds intense flavor to the already delicious ingredients.
One Pan Chicken Sausage and Veggies
For the Sausage and Veggies
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups cut red potatoes
- 1 small-medium zucchini
- 2 red peppers
- 1 head broccoli
- 16 ounces Hot or Mild Italian Turkey Sausage
For the Seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon each: dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated, optional
- 4 and 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Optional: fresh parsley, salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper or foil (easy clean-up) and set aside.
- Prep the veggies: It is important to prep the veggies according to directions to ensure they all cook at the same time
- Peel and thinly slice the carrots.
- Wash and chop the red potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Halve the zucchini and then cut 1/4” coins of zucchini.
- Chop the broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the stems and seeds from the peppers and chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the sausage into thick coins.
- Pour all the veggies and sausage on the sheet pan.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings, and salt and pepper if desired, with the olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Pour the seasoning & oil mixture on top of the veggies and sausage and thoroughly toss to coat.
- Place in the heated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove and toss the veggies and sausage. Return to the oven for another 10-20 minutes or until veggies are crisp and tender.
- Remove and top, if desired, with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
- Serve on top of rice or quinoa if desired.