Recipe adapted from: www.lordbyronskitchen.com
Cooking up a batch of creamy butternut squash soup couldn’t be easier thanks to Heinen’s frozen butternut squash! Perfect for Thanksgiving, enjoy a bowl before the main course to lessen the chance of overeating.
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 10 cups Heinen’s frozen butternut squash
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp. pure maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3 cups Heinen’s vegetable or chicken stock
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. Kerrygold butter (optional)
- Go Raw sprouted pumpkin seeds
- Dump all of the ingredients (except the pumpkin seeds) into a large soup pot or Dutch oven. Stir to combine.
- Turn the heat to medium-high and bring the soup to a boil, stirring occasionally. The soup should come to a boil in about 8-10 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to simmer, place a lid on pot and allow the soup to cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once the onions, garlic and butternut squash are tender and cooked through, use a handheld immersion blender to puree the soup, or transfer the soup to a countertop blender and puree.
- Taste the soup and season with salt, if needed. Sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and serve immediately.