The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
Completely meatless and made in 30 minutes, this One-Pot Rice and Beans is a weeknight meal that calls for items currently in your kitchen!
Rice and beans may sound bland on its own, but with Heinen’s 3 bean blend, adobo seasoning, fire-roasted tomatoes, jasmine rice, garlic and onion, this dish packs unexpected flavor that is bound to please a crew of hungry people.
One-Pot Rice and Beans
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 ½ Tbsp. Heinen’s adobo seasoning
- 2 cups Heinen's jasmine rice
- 2 15 oz. cans Heinen’s 3 bean blend, drained
- 1 15 oz. can Heinen's fire-roasted tomatoes
- 3 cups Heinen's vegetable stock
- Chopped parsley and sliced green olives, for garnish
- Add the olive oil to a large pot over high heat. Cook the onions and garlic for 5-7 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Stir in the adobo seasoning until combined, then add the rice and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the beans, tomatoes and stock. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Stir it a few times, place the lid on the pot and cook over low heat for 25 minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a fork and garnish with parsley and olives.