The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
The Thanksgiving season is upon us and as we all know, Thanksgiving leftovers can get old quick!
Warm and melty, open-faced sandwiches are an effortless and exciting way to give new life to leftovers, and this version calls for a variety of items from your Turkey Day feast, so you can clean out your fridge with one delicious meal.
Think outside of the turkey sandwich with this easy and impressive recipe!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 4 cups cooked turkey, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 celery ribs, medium-diced
- ½ red onion, peeled and medium diced
- 1 garlic cloves, finely minced
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, cut into thin slices and toasted
- 6 cups shredded Havarti, gruyere or cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a large bowl, mix together the turkey, celery, onion, garlic, cranberries, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Lay the toasted slices of bread on a sheet pan and evenly add the turkey salad. You will most likely still have some leftover turkey salad.
- Evenly sprinkle the shredded cheese over each open-faced turkey salad sandwich.
- Broil on high for 3-4 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Serve warm.