The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
I love a good dinner hack, and this stir fry is the perfect example of how you can build a quick meal using a combination of store-bought shortcuts and fresh foods. Heinen’s Frozen Department is stocked with time-saving ingredients and meals to help you get dinner on the table quickly any night of the week.
Why You’ll Love it:
- Fully cooked and ready to heat, the frozen Asian entrees from Heinen’s are made with high quality ingredients you can feel good about serving your family.
- Heinen’s cooked brown rice is ready in minutes and doesn’t require boiling water! Jut heat it up in a microwave!
- One pan is all you need for this quick dish! The mandarin sauce comes with the frozen entree! Just fold it in the chicken and serve over rice! That’s a wrap on dinner!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 package Heinen’s Mandarin Orange Chicken
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s avocado oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup diced broccoli
- 1 cup matchstick carrots
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 containers Heinen’s organic cooked brown or white rice
- Optional: sliced green onions
- Remove the sauce packets, then bake the chicken according to package instructions.
- While the chicken bakes, stir fry the vegetables. Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the bell pepper, broccoli, carrots and mushrooms and sauté until crisp tender, about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then add the reserved sauce to the pan and heat to steaming.
- When the chicken is done baking, add it to the pan, tossing everything well to coat with the sauce.
- Heat the rice according to package instructions and divide into bowls. Top with the chicken and vegetable stir fry and garnish with sliced green onions, if desired.