The following recipe and photography were provided by Birch Benders.
Two breakfast basics combine in this ultimate on-the-go recipe!
Let’s face it, mornings can be busy and we don’t always have the time to stand over the stove and whip up a nutritious and delicious breakfast! This recipe solves that problem by layering Birch Benders original pancakes in a jar with yogurt, granola, blueberries and almonds to create a pancake parfait that will leave you feeling full and satisfied.
The great thing about this meal-in-a-jar is that you can prep the pancakes ahead of time. Simply add the directed amount of water to Birch Benders original pancake mix, stir, cook and pop the finished pancakes in the freezer. When ready to use, all you have to do is defrost them in the microwave or toaster oven, let them cool and layer with the remaining ingredients. If you have time to make the pancakes in the morning, just make sure they cool completely before adding them to the jar.
This recipe is also customizable, so get creative and try a different Birch Benders pancake mix from the breakfast aisle at Heinen’s, or switch up the yogurt flavor and fruit. The options are truly endless!
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Parfaits
- 1 pouch Birch Benders organic classic pancake & waffle mix
- 2 cups Purely Elizabeth granola
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 12 oz. container of yogurt
- A handful of Heinen's sliced almonds
- A drizzle of Heinen's honey
- Prepare the pancakes according to the package directions.
- Cook the pancakes as directed on the package, ensuring that the pancakes will fit in the jar or container you are using for the parfait. Let the pancakes cool completely before building the parfait.
- If you’re making the pancakes in advance, cook them according to the directions on the package, place them in the freezer and defrost your desired amount of pancakes when assembling the parfait. Make sure that they have cooled completely before building the parfait.
- Prepare the parfait in the following order: pancake, granola, yogurt, blueberries. Repeat until the jar or container is full.
- Top with sliced almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!
Note: Ingredient portions will vary depending on the size of the parfait jar or container. Adjust as needed.