The following recipe was created in collaboration with Lauren Schulte. To see more of her bites and meals, visit her Instagram @TheBiteSizePantry.
This simple snack or “app” recipe has taken the internet by storm, and after making a batch for myself, I can certainly see why!
Made in less than 20 minutes with only a handful of pantry staple ingredients, pasta chips are perfect to have on hand for mid-day munchies, movie nights and game day watch parties!
Perfectly crispy from just just a few minutes in the air fryer or oven, these perfectly seasoned pasta chips have a taste and texture that rivals traditional potato chips, but are most definitely better for you.
I chose to serve my latest batch with a colorful assortment of Heinen’s marinara, pesto and Alfredo sauces, and I recommend you do the same!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- Heinen's pasta, multiple shapes are recommended
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Heinen's grated Parmesan Romano cheese
- 1 packet Italian seasoning
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing mix
- Heinen's marinara sauce
- Heinen's pesto sauce
- Heinen's alfredo sauce
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the tablespoon of salt.
- Add a handful of each pasta shape to the boiling water and cook for about 5 minutes. The pasta should be slightly undercooked as it will continue cooking later on.
- Drain the pasta and divide it between two bowls.
- Add about a tablespoon of olive oil to each bowl and toss to coat.
- Divide the 1/2 cup grated Parmesan Romano cheese between the two bowls and toss to coat. This step can be omitted for dairy-free pasta chips.
- Add the packet of Italian seasoning to one of the bowls and the dry ranch dressing mix to the other bowl. Toss to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer or oven to 400˚F.
- Pour the pasta into the basket of the air fryer, or on a parchment-lined baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Air fry or bake for 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the pasta is crispy. Cook in several batches, if needed, to ensure all of the pasta is fully cooked.
- Serve the pasta chips with Heinen’s marinara, pesto or Alfredo sauce.