The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Chef Billy Parisi.
July is the true start of stone fruit season and we’re celebrating the beloved peach with this sweet and savory one-pot chicken dish!
Lightly battered and seared to perfection, Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken breasts pair beautifully with sweet peaches, basil pesto and creamy burrata cheese.
This incredibly easy chicken dinner was designed with summer in mind!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 2 Heinen's large cage free eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 Gerber's CARE Certified chicken breasts, thin cut
- 4 Tbsp. Heinen's olive oil
- 2 peaches, pitted and thickly sliced
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 balls burrata, sliced
- ¼ cup Heinen’s pesto
- Fresh basil leaves, for garnish
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs with salt and pepper until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Dredge each chicken breast, one at a time, in the egg wash, then in the flour, making sure they are completely coated.
- Cook the breaded chicken in a large cast-iron skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes per side, or until browned on both sides and cooked throughout.
- Remove the chicken and add the sliced peaches to the hot pan. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Deglaze with the white wine and season with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and garnish with burrata, pesto and basil leave. Serve.