- Total time:
The following recipe and photography is courtesy of Dole Packaged Foods. For more information on their products and history, visit their website here or follow their Instagram @dolesunshine.
Dinner is served, and it’s jam-packed with explosive flavors. Once you sizzle your chicken into classic stir fry form, make sure to add in a healthy amount of your favorite chili garlic sauce. Having that on your chicken will prove that you can take the heat, and of course, stay in the kitchen!
In order to balance out the heat of that chili garlic sauce, give your stir fry a big hit of pineapple. To do that, we recommend using Dole’s pineapple chunks. They’re presliced perfection and add a balancing hit of sweetness in a matter of seconds.
Pineapple Firecracker Stir Fry
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 lb. chicken breast, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ cup sweet chili sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili garlic sauce
- 1 package (15 oz.) DOLE® Pineapple Chunks, drained, juice reserved
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced, optional garnish
- Combine chicken, cornstarch, and salt and pepper in bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Heat oil in wok or large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken and stir fry until cooked through.
- Add sweet chili sauce, chili garlic sauce, pineapple, and ¼ cup reserved juice to wok. Reduce heat to low and continue to stir until sauce is slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with scallions and serve with rice, if desired.