The following recipe, video and photography were provided by our partner, Alissa DiSanto of Sauced By Sunday.
Sheet pan recipes are a lifesaver during busy weeks because they result in a full, balanced meal and require minimal cleanup! Even better, if you’re feeding a crowd or looking for leftovers to get you through a few more meals, you can easily double or triple the recipe.
These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas check all of those boxes and more thanks to one of the best time-saving hacks from Heinen’s: recipe-ready fajita pepper mix. Located in Heinen’s Produce Department, this convenient ingredient features the freshest peppers and onions pre-cut for your convenience. Simply toss them on a sheet pan with Gerber’s CARE Certified chicken, roast in the oven and dinner is basically done.
Fajitas are meant to be flavorful, so this recipe calls for a drizzle of homemade cilantro lime crema. Made quickly in a food processor or blender, the color and refreshing tang it adds to this recipe is simply delicious. It’s worth taking a couple of extra minutes to make, especially since this recipe saves you time during clean-up.
Tucked into tortillas and finished with a squeeze of fresh lime, these fajitas are your ticket to a fast and flavorful fiesta!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 1/2 lbs. Gerber’s CARE Certified boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½-inch strips
- 2 packages Heinen’s recipe ready fajita pepper mix (in the Produce Department)
- 2 Tbsp. store-bought fajita seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. Heinen’s avocado oil
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8-10 flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Lightly grease a large sheet pan with nonstick cooking spray. Cut the chicken into strips and lay them on the sheet pan with the fajita veggies.
- Sprinkle the fajita seasoning overtop of the chicken and veggies. Top with the minced garlic and drizzle with the avocado oil. Toss to coat and ensure that the chicken and veggies are spread evenly on sheet pan.
- Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken and veggies are cooking, blend the cilantro, jalapeno and juice of one lime in a small blender or food processor. Thoroughly blend until a liquid is created. Add this mixture to a small serving bowl with the sour cream and stir until fully incorporated. Set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in tin foil and place them in the oven for 3-4 minutes with the chicken and veggies to warm, or wrap them in a damp paper towel and place them in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Build the fajitas by putting some chicken and veggies on a warmed tortilla and drizzling some the fresh cilantro lime crema over top.