The following recipe and photography was provided by Christina Musgrave of Tasting with Tina.
This Shrimp Fried Quinoa makes a delicious weeknight dinner!
With a great mix of frozen and fresh ingredients, this recipe is a light and refreshing spin on traditional takeout-style fried rice and is also great for meal prep.
Heinen’s frozen organic spelt & quinoa makes a great base. My family likes to toss in a few frozen peas too, but you can add as many frozen or fresh vegetables as you like.
Shrimp Fried Quinoa
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 Tbsp. Heinen’s olive oil
- 16 oz. Heinen’s jumbo easy peel frozen shrimp, thawed and peeled
- 1 package Heinen’s frozen organic spelt & quinoa
- 1 cup Heinen’s frozen peas
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- Green onion, diced for serving
- Sesame seeds
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the thawed shrimp and cook for 4-5 minutes until the shrimp is pink. Remove the shrimp and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the frozen spelt & quinoa, frozen peas, red pepper, minced garlic and soy sauce. Sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Move the quinoa mixture to one side of the pan. Add the beaten eggs to the other side and quickly scramble, then incorporate them into the quinoa mixture.
- Add the sesame oil and cooked shrimp to the pan. Toss to combine, then top with the diced green onion and sesame seeds.