The following recipe and photography were provided by local blogger Carolyn Hodges of The Dinner Shift.
Looking for a new quick and easy seafood recipe? This fresh, flavorful and fast shrimp dinner calls for less than 10 ingredients, requires only five minutes of prep and is on the table in under 30 minutes!
Heinen’s shrimp is seasoned with plenty of spices, including chili powder and cayenne pepper, then quickly sautéed for about 5 minutes. The shrimp is served atop garlicky roasted kale that’s dressed with fresh lime juice.
I love the texture of this roasted kale – it’s tender but also crispy around the edges. I will typically make a double batch of this recipe, using two pounds of curly green kale divided between two pans. It keeps in the fridge for a few days and is delicious in grain bowls!
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 bunch curly green kale, about 1 lb.
- ¼ cup Heinen’s olive oil, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 lb. Heinen’s fresh peeled and deveined shrimp
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s chili powder
- ½ tsp. Heinen’s garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. Heinen’s cayenne pepper
- Lime wedges, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Remove the ribs from the kale leaves, then tear each leaf into 2-3 large pieces. Toss with 3 Tbsp. of the olive oil and minced garlic. Season to taste with salt and pepper and use your hands or tongs to massage the leaves for 30 seconds.
- Arrange the kale on a rimmed baking sheet. Roast for 15-18 minutes, stirring once halfway through, or until the leaves are tender and starting to crisp around the edges. Toss with lime juice and set aside.
- Season the shrimp with the chili powder, garlic powder and cayenne pepper. Add salt to taste.
- Heat the remaining 1 Tbsp. of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the seasoned shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink.
- Serve the shrimp over the roasted kale with lime wedges, if desired.