The following recipe and photography were provided courtesy of Julia of A Cedar Spoon.
This One-Skillet Greek Sundried Tomato Chicken and Farro is the perfect easy holiday meal or winter dinner. It’s filling, healthy, packed with delicious, warm flavors and, as the name suggests, made all in one pan.
The chicken is paired with earthy farro, Heinen’s sundried tomatoes, Kalamata olives and spinach and baked until all of the flavors meld together.
This recipe is the perfect low-effort, family friendly meal that will keep bellies warm and full all evening.
One-Skillet Greek Sundried Tomato Chicken with Farro
- Cook time:
- Prep time:
- Total time:
- 1 lb. Gerber's CARE Certified boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. Heinen's extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Heinen's balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Heinen's oregano
- 2 tsp. Heinen's paprika
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup uncooked farro, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups Heinen's chicken broth
- 2 cups Heinen's fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup Heinen's sundried tomatoes, drained and sliced
- 1/2 cup Heinen's Kalamata olives, pitted
- Juice of 1/2 lemon + 4 lemon slices
- 1/2 cup Heinen's feta cheese, crumbled (plus more for garnish)
- Fresh dill and parsley, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken breasts in a large mixing bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the 1/4 cup olive oil, balsamic, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the chicken breasts and use your hands to full coat.
- In a Dutch oven or large, oven-safe skillet, heat the remaining 2 Tbsp. of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and brown both sides for about 3-4 minutes. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same Dutch oven or skillet, add the farro and broth. Add the chicken breasts, garlic, red onion spinach, sundried tomatoes and olives.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon slices and sprinkle feta cheese over top.
- Place the Dutch oven or skillet into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the farro is soft.
- Garnish with the feta cheese, fresh parsley and dill.